Welcome to v 1.0 of the Kynaston and Quintin Kynaston schools (1956-1975) archive.
Firstly, I must thank all those who supported its development – including Len Clark, Tim Watson, Dick Curtis (posthumously via his archive material) – and not forgetting Dick’s executors and some old boys who kindly contributed to fund the project to this stage. The main source of the current content is from Dick’s considerable paper-based and part-electronic archive, information and corrections from Len and Tim, and from my own research. Unfortunately, Dick wasn’t great at notation or indexing (better at art though) so don’t expect entirely complete or accurate details from day one – this is just a start and you can make a difference.
Can you help?
We would ask old boys and teachers for their help, via the Contact Us page (permits a file upload), or responding to a blog or news post, with corrections, anecdotes and memories particularly relating to the following:
- Photo identification: important: please provide the page title and image number for reference purposes
- Snowdonia trips – need dates and the three folders could be mixed up
- School plays – need dates and some of these could also be mixed up
- School trips – need dates, stories, anecdotes (for all)
- School magazines – we’re missing 1959, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974 and 1975 – can you help?
- Other – what might you know, or have in your attic, of potential value?
News: Bookmark the page for news, updates and School Reunion details. You can reply and comment here too.
Blog: This is where you can participate in a conversation.
Note: When responding to either a blog or a news post please ignore the ‘Website’ field.
Confidentiality: Please use contact us should you like to suggest any changes to photos (title, etc.)
I hope you enjoy the site and look forward to perhaps meeting you at an annual reunion.